Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pi Day 5K

Well, I just noticed that I have not blogged since February!  Since I am new at the blogging piece, and trying to keep up with our FB pages (yes, I said pages), Twitter feed, and TpT site, I must admit that this just slid off the plate!  :-)

What have we been up to?  Well, we celebrated Pi Day in a big way.  We coordinated our FIRST signature race event.  The Pi Day 5K- a 3.14 mile run/walk to support our PD programs.  The response was OVERWHELMING and so much fun.  We had over 314 participants and supporters join us on a beautiful Saturday morning.  And what still makes me smile is the Cutie Pi Crew (along with so many others).  They crossed the 5K finish line and they were so excited about doing it!

So, now we are doing what I love most of all about my job--planning our summer PD!  I love summer PD.  Teachers are always amazing, but their energy in the summer, and the excitement about learning new things for their classroom is inspiring!   So, I promise to try to be a better blogger--in the meantime, my first order of the blog-o-sphere is to recruit some followers!

Cheers!
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email